Thursday, August 9, 2007

They're your gifts too.....

First I would like to thank Anna for the idea for a blog. In her comment to Steve's laziness, she said "They are your gifts too"... And you know what, that is nice to see. Though Visco was a stupid ass to blog about his laziness, which is equivalent to someone blogging about how bad work sucks and then work seeing the post.

You see, you need to listen to my wife talk to me about our wedding, gifts, finishing the basement, etc. It's funny to listen to. If she talks about something we were both a part of (like the wedding, buying a house, having babies, etc) she will speak as though she is the sole person involved. Which makes for an interesting converstation when the "having babies" talk comes around.

But seriously, she will be telling me something about the wedding and will say something like "Remember at my wedding..." Last I checked, I was there. I do believe that it takes 2 people to get married. Or maybe I really was just the last piece of the wedding puzzle. Hmmmmm... That's another topic for another blog.

My ABSOLUTE favorite conversation is when she is talking about how "WE" finished the basement. Ummmm.... what. I don't believe that I saw her down there with the nail gun, hanging drywall, mudding and taping, or anything . Oh wait, she did help paint. =)

So Stevey boy, enjoy while things are still "OURS" because within a few years they become "MINE". Even the gifts.

On a similar, but side, note. Saturday is our 6th year anniversary. Yikes. 1 house, 1 cat, 2 cars, 2 kids, and it's just the beginning.

4 comments:

s said...

Holy poopy!

Six years? Good lord Goodwins.

And as far as the yours/ours/mine conversation goes, I think living together for two years before we got married had already cured me of the belief that anything short of my books or movies was mine. Hell, even the dog likes her more now.

(Actually, if the dog rolls in a pile of doggy doo, then she is most definitely My Dog.)

s said...

Oh, and by Good Lord Goodwins, what I really meant was congratulations.

Also, you were definitely there for your wedding Goody, I'll vouch for you. Not so sure I can do the same for your bachelor party though...

Goods said...

I think I was there....for an hour, maybe 2.....

s said...

Maybe you were...

Also,

Way to keep writing meat.